Introduction to emergency response contingency planning
Preparing an Emergency Response and Contingency Plan (ERCP) is an essential part of managing a drinking water system. A plan will help you respond to and recover from emergencies in a timely manner.
The course will cover:
- What an ERCP is and why it is necessary
- Types of drinking water emergencies
- Important components of the ERCP
- Public notifications and advisories to use
- Response actions to possible emergency events (scenario activity).
- How to review and update your existing ERCP
There will be a quiz and an assessment at the end of the session.